garlic black bean hummus

So, it's been a while and I haven't been able to update this blog. I've been busy with my photography and writing, but haven't had the chance to document much about food lately. Now that I'm living in Washington, D.C., I'm ready to start posting about my cooking/baking exploits once again :)

I'm starting off simple with this more-than-easy Garlic Black Bean Hummus inspired from Pinterest and A Beautiful Mess.

What you need...

Food Processor

1 Can Garbanzo beans (drained with their soft "shells" off)
1 Can Black beans (drained)
3-6 Cloves Garlic (depending on taste)
1 Tbsp Lemon juice 
1 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Paprika
Slat and Pepper to taste
1/4-1/3 Cup Water
2 Tbsp Olive Oil

First...
Drain the beans and "shell" the garbanzo beans (it takes time but makes the hummus smoother). Chop up the garlic (amount will vary to your taste) and brown in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil. I'd suggest "shelling" the garbanzo beans while the garlic browns (gotta love multi-taksing).

Then...
Add all the ingredients into the food processor except the olive oil. Then blend it up! It'll take a minute or so but you want it to be nice and smooth.

Finally...
As they say, "stream" the olive oil in through the top while you're blending. Add additional water depending on how thick it is.

Bam. Done! So simple - right? I'd recommend cutting up celery and carrots to dip in the hummus (so tasty). You can also take a tortilla and bake it in a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan until it's slightly crispy. Works great for dipping.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts