mini-pumpkin bread


It's fall!!  I'm currently enjoying the rainy weather and am excited to post one of my favorite seasonal treats - pumpkin bread!  I created this recipe (adapted from a larger recipe in the Betty Crocker Cookbook) to fit my needs.  I don't know about you, but when there's just one of you (or maybe just two) it's hard to know what to do with two HUGE loaves of pumpkin bread unless you're baking for a small army.  I decided to adapt it and this is what I did. 



 


What you need...

2 small loaf ramekins/pans

1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar (I actually used Zulka -raw cane sugar - and it worked out quite well, but you can also cut back to 1/2 cup sugar if you don't want your bread to be too sweet)
1 egg




3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves

3 tbsp water

1/2 cup pumpkin 


**Note: You can also use butternut squash if you don't have enough pumpkin - I steam my pumpkins or squash, scoop them out and then blend them in a food processor [shown to the right].  I find it's not too difficult of a process.


First...
Turn the oven to 350°. 
Put the sugar and oil in a mixer and mix until combined (I used a hand mixer but feel free to use a Kitchen Aid or other mixer).  Then add egg and mix again.

Next...
Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger (or use 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice) in a separate bowl.

Then...
Alternate between adding part of the flour mixture and part of the water until all ingredients are combined (if mixture is not moist enough add an extra tbsp of water).  Once all ingredients are mixed add in pumpkin and combine.

Finally...
Divide into two mini loaf pans and bake between 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick (or thin knife) comes out clean when inserted into the middle.

**You can add in chocolate chips to the badder or to the loaf pan individually to make one with and one without chocolate.  But lets be honest - chocolate makes everything better!

And that's that - it's such an easy recipe and perfect for those of us living in small households who just want a taste of pumpkin bread and not two full-sized loaves! 



















Comments

Popular Posts