single lady apple crisp

This one's for "all the single ladies" (hehe - couldn't help myself there).

Ok...ok you can all stop dancing now and get back to making this amazing, simple, and don't forget tasty treat!! I don't know about you, but often times I find myself craving something sweet for dessert but I know how dangerous it is to have sweets in the house all the time so I hate to make something full-sized and have it go to waste.  Because of that very problem, I've started making a lot of desserts and meals "single lady" - sized.  In fact, these sizes would probably work for two as well, I just keep the left overs and eat them the next day.

Anyway, back to the yummy.  I'm telling you ladies (or you single guys out there) this crisp is SO good.  I made it for myself just last night and enjoyed it and a cup of mulled cider.  Apple overload maybe, but it was all around delicious so make sure you give it a try.

What you need...
1 Cute little mini-loaf pan
     (I'd suggest checking out Michaels which is where I got mine last Christmas season.  They were $1 and I have never regretted getting two!!  They are also great for baking & gifting.)

1 Granny Smith Apple
1 Tbsp Raw Sugar (I use Zulka)
Sprinkle of Cinnamon & Nutmeg

1/4 cup oats
1-2 Tbsp brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like things)
1 Tbsp chopped pecans
1 Tbsp butter (cut into small pieces)
Sprinkle of Cinnamon & Nutmeg

First...
Turn your oven on to 375°  
Peel & cut up the apple (I like to cut mine in half then peel it - I find it's easier to peel that way but...?).  Toss the apple chunks in a bowl with the raw sugar and cinnamon & nutmeg and set aside. 
 
Next...
Put the oats, brown sugar, pecans, spices, and cut up butter into another small bowl.  Use a pastry cutter to cut-in the butter and mix this all up. 


Then...
Put half of the apples in the loaf pan and sprinkle with half of the crumble mixture.  Then put the rest of the apples in and top with the rest of the crumble mixture.  

It's so cute :)
Finally...
Bake in oven for about 18-20 minutes.  I'd suggest checking after 15 and adding foil to the top if it's starting to get brown.  It's done when the apples are soft and the top is golden brown. 




I hope you enjoy this super tasty treat for one (or two, but I'd hate to share it!). 

 




Comments

Popular Posts