Thursday, March 29, 2012

almond flaxseed protein shake

I've started using whey protein recently to help my body recover after my workouts.  I've been finding some great recipes online but have made up a few of my own.  I love the idea of putting flaxseed in shakes - you don't really taste it and the health benefits are great!

What you need...
6 ice cubes
1/2 C. non-fat milk
2 scoops (I use two spoon fulls) Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp. almond butter  
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp. flaxseed
Blender


Yield: about 16 oz.
Calories: between 325 and 375 depending

First...
Depending on how amazing your blender is, you may want to crush up your ice first.  I like my smoothies smoother so I usually do this.
Then...
Add in the rest of your ingredients: yogurt, almond butter, protein powder, flaxseed, and non-fat milk.  Blend it all up until you get the right consistency.
Finally...
Pour into a glass, drop in a straw, and drink up!  



Ideas...
*Substitute Peanut Butter instead of the Almond Butter
*Double up on scoops of protein powder if you need the extra protein
*In the same line of thinking, you can use 1% or 2% milk instead of non-fat
*In place of ice cubes you can use a frozen banana - it will change the flavor of the shake but it's still good!


No comments:

Post a Comment