almond flaxseed protein shake

I've started using whey protein recently to help my body recover after my workouts.  I've been finding some great recipes online but have made up a few of my own.  I love the idea of putting flaxseed in shakes - you don't really taste it and the health benefits are great!

What you need...
6 ice cubes
1/2 C. non-fat milk
2 scoops (I use two spoon fulls) Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp. almond butter  
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp. flaxseed
Blender


Yield: about 16 oz.
Calories: between 325 and 375 depending

First...
Depending on how amazing your blender is, you may want to crush up your ice first.  I like my smoothies smoother so I usually do this.
Then...
Add in the rest of your ingredients: yogurt, almond butter, protein powder, flaxseed, and non-fat milk.  Blend it all up until you get the right consistency.
Finally...
Pour into a glass, drop in a straw, and drink up!  



Ideas...
*Substitute Peanut Butter instead of the Almond Butter
*Double up on scoops of protein powder if you need the extra protein
*In the same line of thinking, you can use 1% or 2% milk instead of non-fat
*In place of ice cubes you can use a frozen banana - it will change the flavor of the shake but it's still good!


Comments

Popular Posts