lemon pulp icing

I know, I know... I said it was going to be lemon "week" but I've actually turned it into two weeks because I had such a massive amount of lemon juice to deal with (along with a pretty hectic work schedule last week).   I have two more recipes to tickle your taste buds with - but watch out, these are not for the faint of heart when it comes to taste!  Pucker up, because these lemon treats will leave you speechless!

Tart, sweet, but oh so yummy.  This Lemon Pulp Icing is one of my new favorites!  You don't have to have the pulp to make it, but the mellow taste of it really works well for the icing.  

What you need...
1/4 cup Lemon Pulp*

3 cups powdered sugar
2 to 4 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla

*Substitute lemon juice for the pulp if you don't have it.  Adjust the amount of juice per your taste for tartness.

First...
Put the powdered sugar in a bowl large enough to hold it.  Create a well in the middle of the powdered sugar and add the lemon pulp and then vanilla.

Next...
Slowly add in water, small bits at a time (a few teaspoons at a time) and stir with a spoon.  Keep adding the water until all of the powdered sugar is moist.  When it is all mixed in, there will probably still be clumps of powdered sugar.  I used a whisk at this point to mix up the remaining powdered sugar until the entire mixture was smooth.
 


Finally...
Use the icing over lots of baked goods! It tastes delicious and will be a great addition to almost anything.  Take a look at my suggestions below.

Ideas...
*Sugar cookies coated in Lemon Pulp Icing
*Pecan Spice Cake drizzled with Lemon Pulp Icing (pictured below)
*Use on pancakes or my Whole Wheat, Bran, and Pecan Waffles

Comments

Popular Posts